Newbury Comics is committed to improving the accessibility of our websites and electronic communications. Working with The National Center for Accessible Media at WGBH (NCAM), we are striving for the highest level of accessibility for people with disabilities.
Over time we will be implementing relevant portions of the Section 508 Web Accessibility Standards developed by the United States Access Board, as well as the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. With NCAM's help, we will test our materials with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers. These processes will promote accessibility for everyone, regardless of disability or device used to access information on our websites and electronic communications.
Below are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the accessibility of our materials.
- All images will contain appropriate alternative text
- Form elements will be properly labeled
- Data tables will contain headers where appropriate
- Headings will be used throughout the site
- Multimedia (video or audio clips) will be captioned and/or described
- All areas of the website will be operable without the use of a mouse
- Foreground/background color schemes will provide adequate contrast
- Information will not be conveyed through the use of color alone
- Links will be worded to make sense when read out of context
- Text will be resizable in all browsers
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing; as a result there may be areas of our sites that are less accessible than others during a given period of time.
Contact Our Accessibility Team
Newbury Comics’ commitment to accessibility extends to all users. If you have questions or comments about our accessibility efforts or want to get involved as we work to make our materials as accessible as possible, please contact us at email@example.com. We welcome your feedback.