From One is rock band Ra's first major label album released October 22, 2002. It features the band's hit single, "Do You Call My Name," which had a music video and was followed by their second single, "Rectifier." "From One" reached #154 on the Billboard 200. UniversalRecords originally hosted a listening party so that people could listen to the entire album before it was released.
The first track "Do You Call My Name" was featured during the introduction and before commercial breaks during the 2006 NFL Draft on ESPN, as well as video games MX Unleashed and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003. It also was used as an entrance theme for a wrestler Shawn Daivari during his Ring Of Honor days, in addition to Ophidian as a singles theme on the independent circuit, most notably in Chikara Pro. The second track "Rectifier" was featured on the game Project Gotham Racing 2. Ra was featured as Artist of the Month on antimusic.com . Keavin Wiggins named From One the top album of the decade.
"After working at it for five years, I finally told myself that unless something amazing happened at the NEMO festival in Boston, I was basically quitting. As with the rest of my life, it all came down to the wire. We played that show, and a month later we were receiving major airplay." - Sahaj
Explanation of Inspiration
*all quotes taken from thegauntlet's interview of Sahaj Ticotin (lead singer)
- "I wanted to hear Metallica with the Police's Andy Summers playing guitar and Sting singing. It bothered me that there wasn't a band like that, so I formed one,"
- "There's also an element of majesty that needs to be portrayed in the music's presentation. One of my favorite movies is The Matrix, and the look of that film is a real inspiration. A lot of the concepts presented in the film are ideas that feature in our songs."
- "I rarely write from my own experience. I spend most of the time observing the circumstances of those around me."
- "My lyrics don't read like Shakespeare, but he's definitely influenced my work."
- "The music is dramatic, so there's a theatrical element to our show"
#"Do You Call My Name" - 5:16
#"Rectifier" - 4:25
Category:Debut albumsThis text has been derived from From One on Wikipedia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0