AUTOGRAPHED CD BOOKLETS SHIPPING WITH THIS RELEASE HAVE SOLD OUT. This title is still available for purchase without the autographed CD booklet.
Forget whatever you thought about Clutch. Earth Rocker crumples up the bad categories that have miscast them for years - stoner rock, post-hardcore, metal, grunge - and leaves no question about what they are: a damn good rock and roll band.
Earth Rocker is a solid, straight-up rock and roll album, exactly what the band had in mind for their tenth studio album, now that their Weathermaker Records label is fully up and running. "It might be the best Clutch album that has ever existed," says guitarist Tim Sult.
"It's a concise, efficient album. That was the point," says drummer Jean-Paul Gaster. "We really tried to reign in the jam aspect of the band. We like to improvise a lot, but this album, we really wanted stuff mapped out. We wanted to go into the studio fully armed to make a really powerful record."
"I'm excited about its succinctness, and how balls-to-the-wall it is," says frontman Neil Fallon. "The length of an LP is optimal for enjoying a body of new music, approximately 40 to 45 minutes. There's something to be said about Side A and Side B. It's more cinematic, and that was the approach."
"In the past, we would go into the studio and write," says Fallon. "That never worked out to anyone's satisfaction. It was really important to do a lot of pre-production, knowing exactly what we would be doing when we went into the studio. It was crucial that we did all that prior to hitting record."
"It was so mapped out that we weren't even in the studio together. You had to take a lot on faith. But once you know a part inside and out, you can move on to worrying about performance. If you're trying to remember it, then you're not playing from the heart - you're playing from the brain. That always sounds stale on playback."
"I think this record comes closer to really capturing that energy of Clutch live. It's a very balanced album. There's no B-side material. It's an album of A-sides. That sounds pretty bold and confident, but that's the way we feel about Earth Rocker."
Clutch's U.S. Tour Dates:
- 3/21 House of Blues Los Angeles, CA
- 3/22 The Marquee Tempe, AZ
- 3/23 Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas, NV
- 3/24 House of Blues Anaheim, CA
- 3/26 The Regency Ballroom San Francisco, CA
- 3/27 Knitting Factory Reno, NV
- 3/29 Showbox at the Market Seattle, WA
- 3/30 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
- 3/31 Knitting Factory Boise, ID
- 4/01 The Wilma Theater Missoula, MT
- 4/02 Knitting Factory Spokane, WA
- 4/10 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
- 4/11 Wooly's Des Moines, IA
- 4/12 House of Blues Chicago, IL
- 4/13 The Orbit Room Grand Rapids, MI
- 4/15 Westcott Theater Syracuse, NY
- 4/16 Toad's Place New Haven, CT
- 4/19 Stage AE Pittsburgh, PA
- 4/20 Rams Head Live Baltimore, MD
more music from
Click the link
below for more