Order the new release, Devil by Chiodos, and get a limited* autographed CD booklet with purchase!
The 13-track set on Chiodos' new album Devilfinds founding front man Craig Owens and drummer Derrick Frost reunited with band members Bradley Bell, Pat Mcmanaman and Matt Goddard. The sessions also mark the first Chiodos album to feature lead guitarist Thomas Erak (The Fall Of Troy).
The title of the album itself reflects Owens, and inevitably the band's daily struggle to stay the course in living a productive life amidst the adversities of each day. The singer offers, "Devil isn't something I thought long and hard about. It is something that hit me, and hard. I asked myself if I was brave enough to stand behind such a strong, emotionally evoking word... and I knew right then, that was it. This title is not to be confused with the muscled, red horned man surrounded by fire. This is about the temptations of everyday life; the things that become regrets; the moments where you are forced to make a choice that will determine how it is that you look at yourself for the rest of your life. This album is my definition of Devil."
The repertoire is characteristically dramatic and adventurous, and in asking Erak what drives the album to these heights, he exclaims, "Go big or go home!" All of the songs have deep meaning to the band, and for Bell specifically "I'm everything that's normal" and "Why the Munsters Matter" are especially significant. He shares, "'I'm everything that's normal' embodies the fact that we are all back together and moving forward together again and that message is important to us as a unit. 'Why the Munsters Matter' was the first song that we wrote all together again, and the first song with the help of Thomas on guitar. For me personally, it got me so excited to write music again."
"We're trying to do things right, now," says Owens. "We had a lot of work to do, and what's different now is the way we communicate. Every once in a while we catch ourselves getting into old habits, but we know how to deal with that now. We're more mature and know how to listen to one another and communicate. We're different people now, and that makes our experiences together different and working together different - for the better."
Devil is produced by David Bottrill (Tool, Muse, Stone Sour) and mixed by Josh Wilbur. Bell discusses the experience, "Working with both Botrill and Josh Wilbur who mixed the album was a blessing. Going into it I was a huge fan of their past work, and the sacrifices they made to work with us showed their dedication and true passion."
Chiodos' Devil's Dance Tour Dates:
- 4/15 - Waiting Room - Buffalo, NY
- 4/16 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
- 4/17 - Gramercy Theater - New York, NY
- 4/18 - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA
- 4/19 - Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
- 4/21 - Baltimore Soundstage - Baltimore, MD
- 4/22 - The NorVa - Norfolk, VA
- 4/23 - Greene Street Club - Greensboro, NC
- 4/24 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
- 4/25 - State Theatre - St Petersburg, FL
- 4/26 - Metropolitan Park - Jacksonville, FL
- 4/27 - Polish American Club - Vero Beach, FL
- 4/29 - The Studio at Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
- 4/30 - White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
- 5/1 - Launchpad - Albuquerque, NM
- 5/2 - The Nile Theatre - Mesa, AZ
- 5/3 - SOMA - San Diego, CA
- 5/4 - The Glass House - Pomona, CA
- 5/5 - House of Blues - West Hollywood, CA
- 5/7 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA
- 5/8 - Ace of Spades - Sacramento, CA
- 5/9 - Branx - Portland, OR
- 5/10 - The Rio Theatre - Vancouver, BC
- 5/11 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
- 5/13 - Murray Theater - Murray, UT
- 5/14 - Gothic Theatre - Englewood, CO
- 5/16 - The Garage - Burnsville, MN
- 5/17 - Mojoes - Joliet, IL
- 5/18 - Crofoot Ballroom - Pontiac, MI
- 5/20 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH
- 5/21 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH
*Offer valid only with purchase of Devil. This special offer is valid for both domestic and international orders. CDs shipping with promotional items are limited to (5) per customer. Autographed CD booklets will be available while supplies last, newburycomics.com will post information when autographed booklets are sold out.